Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tomorrow I have the last of my A2 exams. It is UK and US comparitive politics, for those who are interested. I haven't prepared much for it, which is just the way I like it since I always do better when I don't do any revision. Plus, an unconditional offer at University helps too. :-)

Tomorrow also marks the last time I'll be going to the place where my 6th form is. The 6th form is actually part of a school too, so I have in reality been studying at the same place since I started year 7 there in 1998. On one hand it seems as if the past 7 years have passed quickly, but then conversly I feel as if I don't know what its like having a life of not being there. I'm not sure what my feelings are on the matter of leaving - the past two years in 6th form have been excellent, I've made some good friends and have had a good time there for the most part. However the 5 years that preceeded 6th form were, naturally, quite rubbish, although there are some memories from the place that will stick with me forever. Just as soon as I remember what those memories are, of course.

It will be odd leaving there, but I doubt very much that I'll get much time to ponder this as I shall be starting university in September - am going to Aberystwyth which the more astute of you may have noticed is in Wales, and seems to be pretty much in the middle of nowhere, which is why I love the place. It's nice and small, which is how I like my towns. I'm strangely confident about starting, but there is a small invoice inside me somewhere that is saying to me that I should be absolutely petrified by now. It's a good thing I have chosen to completely ignore this voice. Starting universty will most likely be a traumatic affiar, but I fully intend it to be a good one.

My 18th birthday is looming next week. I intend to celebrate this as per my style, by remaining steadfastly sober throughout the whole thing. I would say how pointless it is in conforming to things, but then I would in fact be conforming to those who say it is useless to conform, so I'll stop now before I go cross-eyed.

I've forgotten what my original point in this post was, and it appears to have devolved into a stream of quite uninteresting drivel. However, fear not, for I intend to treat all of my loyal readers with some far more interesting posts this summer - namely some of my works of fiction that I plan on posting. Personally I would suggest running away right about now.

Goodnight.

No comments: