Friday, June 03, 2005

I hate lightning now.

Ok, when I said I wanted something interesting to happen to me, this wasn't quite what I had in mind. Still, it will teach me to keep my big mouth firmly shut in future.

This morning we had some pretty bad weather, and lightning either struck our house or at least very close to it. Close enough to do damage to my computers. So far I've discovered that half of the ports on my router have got fried, along with the phone extension into my room where my computers are kept, an ethernet cable and also the netowrk card on my Windows box. The phone has also been damanged and now emits a beeping noise every couple of seconds, and I haven't even checked whether the network adapter on my PS2 has been affected or not. At the moment I have my Linux box set up in the sitting room next to the phone socket so that I can use the 'net stil. Good thing I have the house to myself this weekend then. Take heed - when lightning is around, unplug phone equipment as it can get buggered very easily.

Can't be bothered to write about anything else at the moment, nothing much of note. Got another driving test on Tuesday, and I've decided that I am going to try and go to University this year instead of taking a gap year. Which means I need to phone Aberystwyth at some point and see if this is doable and if they have any places going spare for this year. Plus there are exams looming, so if anything I can't complain I'll be bored over the next couple of weeks. Roll on summer...

No comments: