Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Snow = Day Off \o/

This morning I woke up, or rather was rudely startled by the sound of my alarm clock which sounds not quite unlike a pair of rusted cheese-graters being scraped together, right beside my ear. However, as I made the painful transition from sleeping to not-sleeping, something became painfully obvious; it was far too early in the morning for any sane person to have to get up and do such morning like activities as showering and breakfasting, but due to the diabolical state of our education system that insists that the day must begin at 9.00pm, I had little option but to drag myself out of the warm comfort of bed and attempt to re-adjust myself to consciousness. But however painfully obvious this fact was, it was not the most significant thing that happened. This was to occur approximately 3 seconds later when upon drawing my curtains in a vain effort to make the room more light in order to enable me to navigate my way to the door safely without tripping over something, I discovered that overnight some idiot thought it would be terribly funny to break into our garden, the surrounding gardens, and most of the south-east and dump a load of snow over everything. The realistation that the roads had not been gritted, and that I had no desire to risk life and limp for a half day of 6th form resulted in the conclusion of, "sod this for a game of soldiers, I'm staying in today" (Note: I did not actualy say this myself, it was in reality a friend of mine, but I decided to steal his statement). It turns out that the school had been closed anyway, except for the poor unfortunate souls that are currently trapped within the period of much unpleasantness more commonly known as GCSE's. I feel sorry for any who were forced into school on such a day as today, or at least I did feel sorry until I realized that I was once made to go through a similar thing, which of course gives me the ability to laugh.

I suppose that my current state of being trapped indoors is parabola a good thing, as I currently have quite a bit of reading to do for my History coursework. And by a bit I mean a lot, just take a look at the size of these bloody books. There's another one in the post arriving today too.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Also, since I am currently in the mood for taking pictures of absolutely everything, coupled with the fact that snow is so rare in this country (can't remember it being like this for at least 4 or so years), I decided to take a couple of shots of the view currently outside my room. Clicky here to peruse the photographic wonders.

Blimey, after having said all that the sky is starting to brighten and the ice is starting to melt. The only thing you can be certain of with the British weather is that it will never do anything that is in anyway even remotely predictable.

Well now that was a terribly Britsh post of me, seeing as it revovlved around nothing more than the weather. Since I feel I have spoke for long enough, and to continue would be risking the loss of concentration in any readerhsip I may get then I'm afraid you will have to wait untill next time to hear about all the other things that are currently happening right now. So tune in next time for another thrilling episode of Gary's blog where you will discover the mysteries of time, space, and why there is always a teaspoon left in the bottom of the washing-up bowl.*

*May not be true

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey love the site. Is it true that British people don't brush their teeth? I want a British friend... will you be my friend?