Friday, April 29, 2005

The morning started as most morning usually do - slowly, and most of the time spent with me making the violent re-entry back into consciousness. After stumbling out of the shower, some random piece of paper on my desk managed to catch and hold my attention for at least a full 5 minutes. Eventually, and satisfied that my A-Level English coursework was in a state that could finally be submitted I saw the green sheet next to it. Yesterdays driving test report. Failed, for a second time. This was quickly disreagarded however, and my biggest regret of the morning was hte fact that the time I had spent looking at my coursework meant that I would not have time to drink any coffee. Therefore, it was in a rather fould mood that I eventually managed to slump into the car and end up at 6th form.

I approached the common room door cautiously. It was early in the morning, and I was praying that I wouldnt have to put up with some of the more chav like Year 12's. Thankfully this did not happen, but I saw something attached to the door that had not been there Wednesday. A letter, a seemingly incouculous one, but bearing the distinct picture of out local Labour MP. His smug grin peered out at me, in a "All your base are belong to me" kind of grin. I read it; more lies about Labours success and urging those of us that are old enough to vote Labour in the coming election, which further rubbed in the fact that on May 5th I will only be 2 months short of being 18. They have supposedly invested money in our schools, depsite the fact that I have not seen any evidence of this. He was also giving backing to the Labour candidate in our mock election. I vowed to deface some more Labour posters later on that day. It was then that I had the pleasure of sitting in the common room, caffeine deprived and being forced to sit in the overbearing shadow of the absoloutley massive billboard they have installed in there, which is currently advertising some mobile phone company or some such rubbish.

The rest of the day was rather mediocre - installing an overpowering sense of it being Friday. To my feigned suprise, it was Friday after all. After 6th form had ended I drove my parents car home, smiling to myself about the prospect of a 3 day weekend in which I will have absoloutley no coursework to do. The evening was spent playin San Andreas and adding the Hoary backport repositories to my apt-get sources.list in Ubuntu, and apt-get installing Gaim 1.2.1 in order to test it out, and feeling rather smug at the fact that I can get upto date software now. The vast majority of people can feel free to ignore that last sentance, unless of course they use Linux.

At this point I feel it suitable to give anyone who had read about my day in such minute detail a big shiny medal.

Farewell reader, until next time.

No comments: