Sunday, February 13, 2005

Lent

It's that time of year again, where people intentionally sacrifice something that they enjoy in order to prove that they are somehow better then everyone else. Or at least that's the case with me. Now usually I don't go in for the whole lent thing, as I would much rather watch everyone else suffer and still be able to enjoy my luxuries. This year is different however, as I have been dragged kicking and screaming (only, minus the actual kicking and screaming) into the whole ordeal. Why? Because its worth it to watch other people suffer. ]:-)

So what small luxury am I to go without for the next month? Chocolate? Crisps? Cheese? No, it has been decided that for the next month my life must be entirely devoid of coffee. For me, this is the equivalent of being asked to give up oxygen for lent. Actually, no for my caffeine is important than oxygen. But for some unknown reason, possibly indicating an latent case of masochism, I have willingly decided to give up coffee. For a whole month. I had been doing fine for the past couple of days, but today it would seem that the last of the caffeine has finally worked its way out of my system, and blood has started flowing through my veins again for the first time in months. As a result, I can hardly keep awake anymore, I've got a headache almost constantly, and it's becoming increasingly more and more difficult to concentrate on anything. I keep wanting a coffee, but I know I can't, not for a long time. Already I can foresee that the next month is going to be not nice, and haven't even been coffee- free for a week yet.

There is only one word which I genuinely feel can sum this up, and that is "arses".

No comments: